5 October 2013

Withering Tights by Louise Rennison

Withering Tights by Louise Rennison
Series: Misadventures of Tallulah Casey #1
Publisher: HarperTenn
Publication Date: July 8th 2011
Source: Bought



Picture the scene: Dother Hall performing arts college somewhere Up North, surrounded by rolling dales, bearded cheesemaking villagers (male and female) and wildlife of the squirrely-type. On the whole, it’s not quite the showbiz experience Tallulah was expecting… but once her mates turn up and they start their ‘FAME! I’m gonna liiiiive foreeeeeever, I’m gonna fill my tiiiiights’ summer course things are bound to perk up.

Especially when the boys arrive. (When DO the boys arrive?)

Six weeks of parent-free freedom. BOY freedom. Freedom of expression… cos it’s the THEATRE dahling, the theatre!!

Louise Rennison was one of my favourite authors when I was younger. I absolutely adored the Georgia Nicholson series and I still do! When I'm feeling like reading something fun I always go back and re-read it. So when I was feeling a bit down after The Fault in Our Stars I thought, 'What a perfect time to start her other series!'. Although Withering Tights wasn't as hilariously funny as the Georgia Nicholson series, I still found myself laughing and cringing along with Tallulah and her friends.

Withering Tights follows our main character Tallulah Casey who is cousins with Georgia! Tallulah is heading down to Dother Hall performing arts college for 6 weeks and she's going to be living with a family while she's down there (because she never got her application in on time for on campus rooms). The book is full of hilarious moments, hot guys and lots of fun!

Tallulah is such a hilarious character! I love how Louise Rennison makes her characters so wacky! I've never came across anyone like Tallulah, but I'd definitely love to have her as a friend. She's bonkers, funny and mad! I adored her and I loved learning about her and everything she was going through. She was so awkward and funny!

Tallulah's friends cracked me up too! Especially Ruby. Ruby had to be my favourite. She was only 10 or 11, but she was so insane! But I adored all of Tallulah's mates.

Alex was definitely my favourite of the love interests. He was older and dreamy. I don't really remember any of the others. The only other guy I remember is Cain and I know I wanted to punch him in the face so bad!

The story line was hilarious! I actually couldn't believe that Dother Hall was a performing arts college! I mean, the teachers were bonkers and the lessons seemed ridiculous. But it was all hilarious and I loved every single second of it.

Overall, this was a great book to read when I was feeling sad. It was hilarious, full of bonkers characters and so much fun! I actually went and got the second book from my library because I'm really looking forward to seeing what's in store for Tallulah next!

2 comments:

  1. I looooove Georgia Nicholson. That is definitely a book that makes me laugh out loud, no matter how many times I've read it. This reminds me that it's actually a series I still need to finish (the last 3 books or something like that) This book sounds just as funny :D I like that it's connected to Georgia.

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should finish the series. The last book was my favourite :)
      I really enjoyed this one too! Even though Georgia doesn't make a physical appearance, Tallulah always talks about her so I liked that!

      Delete