30 May 2013

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Third book in the Iron Fey series
In less than twenty-four hours I'll be seventeen.

Although technically, I won't actually be turning seventeen. I've been in the Nevernever too long. When you're in Faery, you don't age. So while a year has passed in the real world, age wise I'm probably only a few days older than when I went in.

In real life, I've changed so much I don't even recognise myself.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.






I have no idea why I put this book down in April. It was brilliant, amazing, fantastic and I just loved it!

So this book picks up after what happened at the end of The Iron Daughter and Ash, Meghan and Puck are dealing with what happened. The Nevernever is in trouble because of the Iron Fey and the False King and it's up to Ash, Puck and Meghan to save the day.

Meghan is so powerful in this book. She has control over Summer and Iron glamour, but she just can't find out how to use them without getting ill. The two different glamours are rejecting each other. She became more kick ass than usual in this one after her sword training with Ash. She's got such an amazing attitude and I just love her so much!

Ash was his usual moody self in this book. But he's also such a sweet, loving, caring and protective character and he cares for Megan so much. She means the world to him and he's so scared of losing her.

I just really wished Puck would get lost in this one. I hate his stupid smirk and his flirty attitude. I just wanted him to go away and leave Ash and Meghan alone!

There was a hell of a lot going on in this book. The fight against the Iron Fey and the False King to save the Nevernever; Ash and Meghan's relationship; Megan's dad and the Winter and Summer courts.
I seriously don't know why I put this down. There was so exciting and jam packed full of action!

But the ending </3. Oh the ending! My heart was in pieces. I can't take it! I need to read The Iron King next month because I just HAVE to know what's going to happen!!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, no! I really like Puck! But I like Ash as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been liking Puck less and less as the books go on. I just love Ash & Meghan so much and Puck just gets in the way all the time. If he didn't, I'd probably like him more. :)

      Delete