10 January 2014

The Edge of Always by J. A. Redmerski

The Edge of Always by J. A. Redmerski
Series: The Edge of Never #2
Publisher: Forever
Publication Date: November 5th 2013
Source: Publisher [Netgalley]



He was taking the long road. She was taking the road to nowhere. It just so happened that they led to the same place…
Camryn Bennett has never been happier. Five months after meeting on a Greyhound bus, she and her soul mate Andrew Parrish are engaged—and a wedding isn’t the only special event in their future. Nervous but excited, Camryn can’t wait to begin the rest of her life with Andrew – a man she knows in her heart will love her always. They have so much to look forward to—until tragedy blindsides them.

Andrew doesn’t understand how this could happen to them. He’s trying to move on, and thought Camryn was doing the same. But when Andrew discovers Camryn is secretly harboring a mountain of pain and attempting to numb it in damaging ways, there is nothing he won’t do to bring her back to life. Determined to prove that their love can survive anything, Andrew decides to take Camryn on a new journey filled with hope and passion. If only he can convince her to come along for the ride…

I've been eagerly anticipating the release of The Edge of Always ever since I read The Edge of Never back in April. I was lucky enough to get a review copy of this one from Netgalley and I ended up reading it not long after I got approved for it because I was desperate to see what Camryn and Andrew had been up to.

This book definitely didn't disappoint. I think I may have even loved it slightly more than The Edge of Never. Camryn and Andrew have only been together for 5 months, but it feels like years to them. They're engaged and are extremely happy about starting their lives together, until tragedy strikes. Andrew finds a way to move on, and then realises that Camryn is only pretending to be alright and that she's keeping a lot of pain from her past locked up. Andrew decides to take Camryn on another road trip where he hopes he'll be able to help Camryn deal with her problems.

I knew exactly what was going to happen to Andrew and Camryn before I'd even started reading this book, but that didn't make it any less heartbreaking. I love these two as a couple so much, so it killed me to see them go through something like that. 

Camryn is such a strong character. She's been through a lot and had a lot of terrible things happen to her, but she keeps her head high. Until the newest tragedy strikes which just tips her over. She hides it, but the cracks are there and it was only a matter of time until everything came spilling out. But Camryn is still one of the toughest characters I've ever read about. She manages to overcome all that pain that she's been harboring for years and she became a better person for it.

Andrew is still one of the sweetest guys ever. He's got such a big heart and he would do anything for Camryn. Andrew is hurting because of what happened, but he has to remain strong for Camryn because she needs him. He goes out of his way to help Camryn and give her the type of therapy that only he can provide, and he really helps her a lot. Andrew and Camryn are just perfect for each other <3.

I did enjoy the roadtrip in this one a lot more than the first one. They visited a lot of different places, re-visited some old places and experienced a lot more. The whole journey in this one brought them so much closer and helped them both overcome their issues.

The ending of this one had me in tears because I was so happy. Camryn and Andrew have been through a hell of a lot, so that ending was just perfect. I also loved the epilogue that J.A. Redmerski put in because it gave me a small insight into Camryn and Andrew's adult life and I loved it.

Overall, The Edge of Always was a fantastic conclusion to this series. It made me cry happy and sad tears, made me laugh a lot and it made me smile. This is definitely my favourite NA series, and I'd definitely recommend it to everyone who is a fan of New Adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment