1 February 2016

January Wrap Up

Hello everyone! Can you believe the first month of 2016 is over already? Honestly, I'm glad January is over, I've had a pretty shitty and emotional month and I'm looking forward to getting on with the rest of the year and hoping it'll be so much better,

So, in January I read 9 books which I'm pretty happy with since I was doing quite a few late nights at work this month. I also DNF'd a book this month - Shallow Grave by Kali Wallace just wasn't for me. I didn't like the main character or the writing style. The story was so slow and boring that I just couldn't continue to read it.

Anyways, on to the 9 books I did manage to finish this month!
1. The Distance from A to Z by Natalie Blitt 
2. First by Elizabeth Laurie Flynn 
3. Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard 
4. The Deal by Elle Kennedy 
5. Sever by J.M. Miller 
6. The Mistake by Elle Kennedy 
7. November 9 by Colleen Hoover 
8. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor 
9. The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella 

DNF Shallow Graves by Kali Wallace

Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard was definitely my favourite book of the month - November 9 was a very close second. I've been dying to read Glass Sword since around this time last year and it was everything I could have asked for and more! It was action packed and again left me dying to read the next book!

In February I'm hoping to read 9 books again. I'm in the middle of listening to the audiobook of Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor and I have to say I'm enjoying the series a lot more on audio. I think if I'd listened to the full of DoSaB on audio I would have enjoyed it more. But we'll see! 

So, that's my January wrap up! Let me know in the comments what your favourite book you read in January was.

2 comments:

  1. I hope February will be better for you *hugs* I can't wait to read GLASS SWORD, I loved Red Queen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the hugs!
    9 books is great! And I'm happy you loved November 9. But you know that. :)
    I still think you should check out The Score. Dean is Dean and that means he's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete