Number of Books You Read: 167 books
Number of Re-reads: 9 - which I'm quite disappointed with.
Genre You Read the Most From: Probably YA Fantasy. I read a lot of fantasy books this year.
1. Best Book You Read in 2014
It HAS to be A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. It was a choice between that or Heir of Fire, but ACOTAR just blew my mind.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Cursed by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I got this one for review and I love everything Armentrout writes, and I thought I'd love this too. But it was slow and boring, and just such a major letdown.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014?
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. I thought I was going to enjoy it, but I didn't expect to love it as much as I did.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?
Cinder by Marissa Meyer. I made all the girls in my work read it, and they loved it!
5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014?
Best new series: Stolen Songbird (The Malediction Trilogy) by Danielle L. Jensen
Best sequel: Stone Cold Touch by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Best series ender: The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
Colleen Hoover. I can't believe I hadn't read one of her books until this year!
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. I don't normally like historical fiction, in fact I avoid it like the plague, but this book is amazing. It's completely changed my opinion of historical fiction so thank you to everyone who recommended it!
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Definitely Killer Instinct by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. The follow up to The Naturals is even creepier/even more thrilling and I couldn't stop reading (no matter how much it was creeping me out).
9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas. It has to be re-read before book #4 comes out.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?
11. Most memorable character of 2014?
Celaena Sardothien. I'm pretty sure she'll be my answer every year until the Throne of Glass series ends.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
13. Most Thought-Provoking/Life-Changing Book of 2014?
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read?
The DUFF by Kody Keplinger. It was such a hilarious and down to earth read. I loved it!
15. Favourite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
“She was not afraid. She would remake the world - remake it for them, those she had loved with this glorious, burning heart; a world so brilliant and prosperous that when she saw them again in the Afterworld, she would not be ashamed. She would build it for her people, who had survived this long, and whom she would not abandon. She would make them a kingdom such as there never had been, even if it took until her last breath.”
- Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?
Shortest: Elemental by Brigid Kemmerer (50 pages)
Longest: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (850 pages)
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin.
SO. MANY. PLOT. TWISTS.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
LAYLA & ROTH.
19. Favourite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Reagan & Lilah - Open Road Summer by Emery Lord. Their friendship is one of the best I've ever read.
20. Favourite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout. This one was so different from all of her other books, and it's possibly my favourite of hers so far!
21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. I'd been recommended this one by a few people, but Brittany was the one really pushing it on me. I'm SO glad I finally listened to her and read it because I loved it!
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?
Jamie Fraser - Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.
23. Best 2014 debut you read?
Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen – it was fantastic! Read it if you haven’t already!
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
The world of the fae in ACOTAR. It was so intriguing and captivating. There's still so much to learn, but the history of the world is amazing.
25. Book That Put a Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins left me with a huge grin on my face!
26. Book That Made You Cry or Nearly Cry in 2014?
Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas made me sob. I cried for hours.
27. Hidden Gem of the Year?
Beware the Wild by Natalie C. Parker. It's creepy and awesome. This book need more love.
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas. The most soul crushing book ever.
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn't necessarily mean you didn't like it)?
1. New favourite book blog you discovered in 2014?
Sometimes I can't remember what I did the week before, so there's no way I'm going to remember what blogs I discovered this year! But I know there were quite a few.
2. Favourite review that you wrote in 2014?
Probably my review of You're the One That I Want by Giovanna Fletcher. Writing the review made me sob all over again.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
I'm not really one for discussions posts since I can never think of anything to write about.
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
Finally going back to The Edinburgh Book Festival this year. It’s such a fantastic event.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?
Meeting Sarah J. Maas! I may have cried after I met her. She's so amazing.
7. Most Popular Post This Year on Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
Apparently my review of Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi got over 1,000 views. Wow.
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
I honestly don't know. You guys are amazing and I appreciate every comment. <3
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Finally going to Foyles when I was in London. Foyles is the best.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Honestly, the only challenge I managed to complete was my Goodreads challenge. I failed at everything else.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get to In 2014, But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?
Far From You by Tess Sharpe. This one has so many amazing reviews! Brittany and I were meant to buddy read it a couple of months ago, but we totally failed. I definitely want to get to this one ASAP.
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?
Throne of Glass #4. Obviously! I need more Celaena.
3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard! I'm dying to get my hands on this one!
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?
Every Last Breath by Jennifer L. Armentrout. The final book in the Dark Elements series! Layla and Roth better end up together.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?
Go to the Edinburgh Book Festival again. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to more of the events this year.
6. A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES BY SARAH J. MAAS.