27 April 2015

Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Lux #5
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Publication Date: August 5th 2014
Source: Bought



Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came.

She can't believe Daemon welcomed his race or stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred, and love has become an emotion that could destroy her—could destroy them all.

Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal.

They must team with an unlikely enemy if there is any chance of surviving the invasion. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything— even what they cherish most—to ensure the survival of their friends... and mankind.

War has come to Earth. And no matter the outcome, the future will never be the same for those left standing.

Opposition was a victim of my laziness last year and I completely forgot to review it along with a load of books that I'm slowly getting around to re-reading. But I was in a bit of a slump and Brittany suggested re-reading the Lux series since she was thinking about doing it too, so that's exactly what I did and it was exactly what I needed.

Opposition is the final book in the Lux series and picks up where Origin left off. A bunch of Luxen appeared on Earth and Daemon, Dawson and Dee disappeared off with them. These new Luxen are hostile and are hell bent on taking over the world and killing every human, hybrid and any other weird combination of the two. 

Opposition is the most action packed book of the series. Right from the get go the action starts. Katy is out buying supplies with Archer for Beth when the psycho Luxen descend on the store. Katy spots Daemon and then suddenly Dawson appears and cracks her over the head. Katy wakes up in a house full of hostile Luxen and has no idea what's going on. Dee is acting like she wants to kill her and Daemon is as cold as ice towards her. But Daemon is only pretending to help Katy and himself until there's an opening for him to escape with Dawson and Dee. But when the opportunity appears, Dee decides to stay with the hostile Luxen because she's in pain and doesn't want to feel.

So Dawson, Daemon and Katy are rescued by the last person on Earth they'd ever trust - Nancy Husher. But working with the Government is the only way they're going to be able to stop the Luxen. 

Katy and Daemon are still my ultimate OTP. Those two would go to hell and back for each other. In fact, they have been. They're so completely and utterly in love and I just adore reading about them. 

Beth and Dawson are adorable as well and they're even more adorable due to something that I don't want to mention but it makes them even cuter. 

I adored seeing more of Luc and Archer. Luc is one of my favourite characters everyone. He know everyone and he has a lot of secrets. He's hilarious and such an intriguing character. Archer reminded me a bit of Daemon, but he's less intense. He's caring, protective and hilarious.

There was a lot more fighting in this one due to the invading Luxen, but it made the book even more exciting. But it also made me slightly apprehensive because I wasn't sure whether Armentrout was going to kill any more of my beloved character. There was a lot on the line in Opposition and the gang had to team up with their most hated enemy to help deal with the Luxen because it was the only way they could get rid of them.

Opposition was an emotional ending to such a fantastic series. I could honestly read about Daemon and Katy and the rest of the character forever. I just adored them and this world so much and I was extremely sad to say goodbye to them. But, on the bright side, there's a new book in the series coming out in Daemon's POV! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for some new scenes and not just a rehash of the series in his POV. I need some of him and Katy after Opposition!

6 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, this was a fantastic ending for the series! And I love that JLA has continued to release a few alternative POVs scenes and extras here and there because Daemon & Kat are awesome together!

    Also, new book all in Daemon POV?? How the hell did I miss that??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! I love all of the extra scenes! I'll never get sick of reading about Daemon and Kat.
      Yes! I think it's called Oblivion? And I just CAN'T WAIT!

      Delete
  2. So I guess...you would recommend this series? It's one I haven't started yet (heh, along with everything else it seems) but I've heard nothing but good things about it :)

    - Wattle @ Whimsical Nature

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm... Let's make it a yearly re-read! Until she eventually just continues on with the series because we totally know she will. Even getting Luke would be effing fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely get on board with that! YES! We just need more!

      Delete