12 June 2015

All That Glitters by Holly Smale

All That Glitters by Holly Smale
Series: Geek Girl #4
Publisher: Harper Collins
Publication Date: February 26th 2015
Source: Publisher [Netgalley]





“My name is Harriet Manners, and I am still a geek.”

The fourth book in the award-winning GEEK GIRL series.

Harriet Manners has high hopes for the new school year: she’s a Sixth Former now, and things are going to be different. But with Nat busy falling in love at college and Toby preoccupied with a Top Secret project, Harriet soon discovers that’s not necessarily a good thing…

Harriet Manners is back in another hilarious installment in the Geek Girl series!

Harriet is going into Sixth Form and everything is going to be different this year because her best friend Nat is starting college and her stalker Toby has found something else to occupy his time, so Harriet is basically on her own. 

I was slightly heartbroken beginning All That Glitters because of everything that had happened with Nick and Harriet in the previous book, but I was clinging onto hope for dear life throughout the whole book. But the main thing I completely adored about this book was getting to see Harriet develop as a character. As she was on her own, Harriet became a very strong main character. She's grown into her geeky self and she's proud of it, but I just loved how amazing she was in All That Glitters. She really started to come out of her shell and even ventured into making some new friends.

There was a slight bit of romance in this one with the introduction of a new love interest - Jasper. Jasper is intriguing and I honestly had no idea how to take him to begin with. He's snarky and brings Harriet back down to Earth - which is good. I did really like Jasper, but I think Lion Boy will always have my heart.

All That Glitters is by far my favourite book of the series (so far)! It was hilarious and I loved getting to see Harriet develop on her own. It was a brilliant follow up and I can't wait for the next book!

1 comment:

  1. 5*? Good! I'm excited to see Harriet grow up some. She's always hilarious, but her immaturity was getting me frustrated.
    I'm going to wait until this is released in the paperback versions I have and than I'll be reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete