1 July 2015

Wrap Up: JUNE

It's July, which means we are officially half way through the year already! This year is going by so fast! June has been a pretty great month for me. I finished up working at the library and I got a new job. I'll be starting at Thomas Cook on Monday and I honestly can't wait. I'm really looking forward to it. I went out for dinner quite a bit this month, with my fiancé, my family and someone I used to work with. 

I saw 6 movies in the cinema this month (technically 7, but one of those was a second watch). Spy was pretty funny, I've kind of gone off of McCarthy movies, but it was alright. Jason Statham really made it for me. Insidious Chapter 3 was terrifying. I couldn't even look at the screen for most of the movie. Jurassic World was the best movie I saw this month, so much so I actually saw it twice. The dinosaurs, the park, the fight scenes... everything was amazing. It was everything I could have asked for. The wait was worth it, The Longest Ride was super cute and reduced me to tears more than once. Also, Scott Eastwood is super hot. The Minions Movie was actually a bit of a let down. It was funny and I enjoyed it, but it just wasn't as good as the Despicable Me movies. Entourage was my second favourite movie this month. I binge watched the TV series this month and I loved it, and the movie was a perfect way to wrap things up, but I already miss Vince, Turtle, Drama, E, and especially Ari!

I also met E. Lockhart this month. She did a book signing at Waterstones in Glasgow and I had to go. She's such a lovely person, really funny, and she had some pretty great advice for aspiring writers. I also loved the story of how her, Myracle and Mylnowski came to write a book together.

Bookwise, in June I read 12 books (one re-read). Honestly, I'm surprised I even made it to 12. I hit such a terrible slump in June and I just couldn't be bothered reading. I've honestly spent most of the month re-watching Pretty Little Liars or watching Entourage. TV seemed more appealing than reading. But anyways, I'm happy that I managed to make it into double digits.
My favourite in June was Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson. It was such an emotional read, and I just adored the characters and their story - no matter how much it made me cry. It was an amazing book.

What was your favourite book you read in June?

1 comment:

  1. Oh you're starting Monday! Can't wait to hear all about it. :)
    You are the movie queen. Lol! I feel like I should be writing to Cineplex(our movie theater chain) about the cool program you guys have.
    12 books is awesome! Did you enjoy Lick and Play? They're were fun romance reads for me. Definitely 3*.
    I decided to start re-reading On Dublin Street last night. I promise this will be my last NA and I will catch up on ARC's....

    ReplyDelete