10 August 2013

Dreamless by Josephine Angelini

Dreamless by Josephine Angelini
Series: Starcrossed #2
Publisher: Macmillan
Publication date: July 5th 2012
Source: Bought



Can true love be forgotten? 

As the only Scion who can descend into the Underworld, Helen Hamilton has been given a nearly impossible task. By night she wanders through Hades, trying to stop the endless cycle of revenge that has cursed her family. By day she struggles to overcome the fatigue that is rapidly eroding her sanity. Without Lucas by her side, Helen is not sure she has the strength to go on.

Just as Helen is pushed to her breaking point, a mysterious new Scion comes to her rescue. Funny and brave, Orion shields her from the dangers of the Underworld. But time is running out—a ruthless foe plots against them, and the Furies’ cry for blood is growing louder.

As the ancient Greek world collides with the mortal one, Helen’s sheltered life on Nantucket descends into chaos. But the hardest task of all will be forgetting Lucas Delos.


This was my second time reading this novel, and it was so much better than I remembered! It turned out that I had completely forgotten almost everything that happened in this novel, so it was like I was reading it for the first time.

Helen grew as a character in this book. She was much more important in this one because her character plays a vital role in trying to stop the furies from destroying families and causing fights. She managed to stay strong after everything she'd been told at the end of the previous book. I did feel bad for her because she couldn't stop feeling what she was feeling, even though she knew it was wrong (but we knew that it wasn't). I wish I could have told her character that her mother lied to save her all that pain and suffering. But Helen did manage to stay strong. She had a goal in this one that kept her occupied.

I loved Lucas so much and I can't even understand how much he had to have been hurting for him to react the way he did. Lucas was keeping a lot of secrets in this one which were gradually revealed throughout the story. He also was always near Helen to protect her even though he shouldn't and mainly because he couldn't stay away from her. My heart ached for him because of all the pain he was being put through because Helen's mother is a bitch.

I still didn't like Helen's mother Daphne in this one after what she said at the end of Starcrossed. Even though she was helping Hector & Orion, she had her own motives that she was keeping a secret.

Hector is my favourite character in this series. He's hilarious and just so sweet. I felt so bad for him because he was separated from his family because of the furies, but it was lovely to see him and Helen together because he was still able to be close to someone he loved.

I was very intrigued by Orion. He was suddenly in the Underworld with Helen even though she'd been there for ages and hadn't seen him before. So I was very interested to learn more about him. He was a very sweet and caring guy. He worried about Helen and was determined to do everything he could to help and protect her.

I loved seeing Claire & Jason and Matt & Ariadne together! Even though Matt & Ariadne weren't a proper couple, I was rooting for them because they would be perfect together.

The storyline in this one was much more interesting. There was a lot more going on with Helen and Orion trying to stop the furies; the 100 cousins targeting Helen; Lucas & Helen and Lucas going off the rails.
The ending was fantastic! It was gripping, thrilling and I just couldn't put the book down. I was shocked by what happened and how everything happened, but I was very interested to see how it was going to affect all of the characters in the next book (especially the Zach thing).

Overall, this one was much better than the first book with the introduction of new characters and the fast-paced, action packed plot. This is a series I definitely recommend if you haven't started yet!

1 comment:

  1. Love this series. It catches and demands your attention. Best series I've read in a long time. Can't wait to start the last book.

    Irene
    Best Reviews for Seattle SEO top service

    ReplyDelete