3 August 2013

I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella

I've Got Your Number
by Sophie Kinsella

I’ve lost it. :( The only thing in the world I wasn’t supposed to lose. My engagement ring. It’s been in Magnus’s family for three generations. And now the very same day his parents are coming, I’ve lost it. The very same day! Do not hyperventilate, Poppy. Stay positive :) !!
 
Poppy Wyatt has never felt luckier. She is about to marry her ideal man, Magnus Tavish, but in one afternoon her “happily ever after” begins to fall apart. Not only has she lost her engagement ring in a hotel fire drill but in the panic that follows, her phone is stolen. As she paces shakily around the lobby, she spots an abandoned phone in a trash can. Finders keepers! Now she can leave a number for the hotel to contact her when they find her ring. Perfect!
 
Well, perfect except that the phone’s owner, businessman Sam Roxton, doesn’t agree. He wants his phone back and doesn’t appreciate Poppy reading his messages and wading into his personal life.
 
What ensues is a hilarious and unpredictable turn of events as Poppy and Sam increasingly upend each other’s lives through emails and text messages. As Poppy juggles wedding preparations, mysterious phone calls, and hiding her left hand from Magnus and his parents . . . she soon realizes that she is in for the biggest surprise of her life.


So this is the first adult novel I've read in quite a while, and it was such a brilliant one to read to get back into reading adult novels! I was laughing all the way through this book and I just couldn't wait to see how Poppy's life was going to turn out.

Poppy kind of reminded me of Bridget Jones - mainly because she was hilarious and had this inner dialogue at the bottom of the pages which had me in stitches! She was slightly naive, but she was just so awesome that I loved her.

Magnus seemed like the perfect guy. Hot, sweet and just so damn perfect. Well, that's what he seemed to be.

Sam on the other hand, he was just a genuinely nice guy. There were times when he seemed to shut down and act like an arrogant prick, but most of the time he was lovely and sweet.

The whole story revolves around Poppy and Magnus' wedding. Poppy looses her engagement ring and the goes out of her way to prevent his family from finding out. She also looses her phone the same day and happens across a phone in a bin - which of course she decides is hers. Enter, Sam Roxton. The phone is property of his company, but he and Poppy come to a deal that allows her to keep the phone.
Sam and Poppy become close during all of this because they're constantly in contact with each other, and both of them help each other out of sticky situations.

I was hoping that Poppy would just chuck Magnus and get with Sam, because Sam was so much better! And because Magnus started to annoy me throughout the book, acting like a huffy 5 year old.

I really loved Poppy's journey throughout the book. She discovered a lot about herself that she never knew, and realised that she'd been holding back in life and had to grasp opportunities instead of letting them pass by.

Overall, this was a fantastic book! I loved everything about it, and I definitely recommend it :)

1 comment:

  1. I just got this from the library. I'm glad you enjoyed! I'm saving it for when I need a few laughs.

    ReplyDelete