15 October 2013

Foretold by Jana Oliver

Foretold by Jana Oliver
Series: The Demon Trappers Daughter #4
Publisher: Macmillan Childrens
Publication Date: August 2nd 2012
Source: Bought



In the fourth Demon Trappers novel, Riley faces the final battle for humanity and Beck's heart—and Hell is the least of her problems Now that Riley’s managed to (just barely) fend off Armageddon, everything’s changed. Well . . . most things. After their passionate kiss before the big battle in the cemetery, Beck is back to treating her like a little girl, as if nothing ever happened. While she’d love to just tell him off and move on, Riley vowed to take care of Beck the way he’s taken care of her since her father’s death—but she’s about to get a whole lot more than she bargained for. When she’s commissioned to go with Beck to his hometown and help him care for his dying mother, they stumble too close to a dark and murderous secret, one that Beck fears will drive Riley away from him forever. As chaos breaks loose, Riley may be Beck's only hope for redemption... and survival.

Meanwhile, up in Atlanta, it’s quickly becoming clear that Heaven may have won a battle, but the war is far from over. Riley and Beck face a stormy future, as Lucifer's ex-right-hand-man, Sartael, proves himself to be more resilient than anyone thought. He has Atlanta in his grip and is about to begin a brutal war with the prince of Hell. As the seconds tick down toward a final confrontation, it's up to Riley and the man she loves to finally defeat their old enemy, or lose everything they've fought for.

I fell in love with The Demon Trappers series when I first started reading it in April this year. This was the first book I've read about Demon Hunters and I thought it was brilliant. I loved the characters and the constantly surprising storyline. Everything about this series was amazing, and I really enjoyed it.

Out of the whole series, I'd have to say that Foretold is my favourite. There was a lot more going on with the storyline, a lot of surprises and twists and a lot more fighting. Riley and Beck head to Beck's home town to help care for his dying mother. Beck has some secrets that he doesn't want Riley involved in, but keeping them a secret is much harder than he'd originally thought. Meanwhile in Atlanta, Sartael is still trying to fight for power and he has Atlanta in his grip. He's determined to take down the Prince of Hell. It's up to Riley and Beck to defeat Sartael, or they'll lose everything.

I still loved Riley in this one. She's so badass and strong, and she really proved herself in this one. She' also very caring and protective and will go to any lengths to protect and save the people she loves. I just love her character.

I still loved Beck too. He could still be an ass, but he was trying to protect Riley from his past. He didn't want her tangled up in it, so he was trying to scare her off. I wanted to smack him for doing that. Riley is much tougher than she looks and she could totally have handled it. Other than Beck being stupid, he was also very caring and sensitive. He was determined to prove his innocence.

The story line in this one was much more interesting. I loved finding out more about Beck and his past life. He had a really hard life when he was younger, and I felt so sorry for him. But it was really interesting finding out about his life and seeing his hometown. Something terrible had happened in his hometown when he was younger, and Beck got the blame. It was interesting to see that storyline unravel. Ori was training Riley so that she would be ready for her fight with Sartael when he finally breaks free. The demons were wreaking havoc in Atlanta, and it was inevitable that Sartael would break free.

The fighting at the end was brilliant and I loved everything about the ending. It was amazing, but I just really wanted more of Beck and Riley! I love those two together, and I wanted more! But it was still a fantastic ending to this series.

Overall, this was a brilliant novel and a brilliant end to this series. If you haven't read The Demon Trappers series, it's one that I definitely recommend giving a go.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to add at least the first one to my TBR list and see what I think! I don't think I've read ny books about demon hunters either!
    Great review, Samantha!

    ReplyDelete