10 October 2013

Forgiven by Jana Oliver

Forgiven by Jana Oliver
Series: The Demon Trappers Daughter #3
Publisher: Macmillan Childrens
Publication Date: March 1st 2012
Source: Bought



Riley Blackthorne. Kicking hell’s ass one demon at a time... 

Riley has made a bargain with Heaven, and now they've come to collect.

Lucifer's finest are ruling the streets and it seems that Armageddon might be even closer than Riley imagined. But with her soul and her heart in play it's all she can do to keep herself alive, let alone save the world. Riley's not afraid of kicking some major demon butt, but when it comes to a battle between Heaven and Hell, she might need a little help...

Forgiven was a brilliant sequel to Forbidden. After everything that went down in that book I was pretty excited to see what was in store for Riley next. She has a target on her back from Heaven and Hell and Riley is the only one who can stop the battle between them.

Riley is one of the most badass characters ever. She's the only female trapper but she doesn't let that stop her. She's one of the best trappers too (which makes her even more awesome!). She's so stubborn and feisty and I just adore her spirit. She's very determined to show that she has what it takes and she has so much on her shoulders for such a young girl, but she manages. 

Beck is amazing! Sure, he can be an ass sometimes, but he's only trying to protect Riley. You could totally tell that Beck's feelings for Riley had grown and I was desperately waiting for those two to just get together! Both of them are so damn stubborn that they refuse to admit their feelings. But I just adore Beck so much. He's constantly looking out for Riley and helping her, and he's so sweet!

After what had happened in the previous book I was hoping Ori was gone for good, but no, he still managed to worm his way back. Although he did kind of redeem himself in this one I still want to punch him for what he did in the previous book.

The story line was packed full of action yet again. With Heaven and Hell on the brink of war, the demons rampaging out of control and the Vatican Hunters in Atlanta - the trappers definitely had a lot on their plate. There was never a dull moment in this book for me and I was engrossed in this book from start to finish!

Overall, this was such an amazing book and I really enjoyed it! If you haven't started the Demon Trappers series yet, it's one that I definitely recommend!

2 comments:

  1. I skimmed a bit over your review to make sure I didn't spoil the first book for myself accidentaly, but I think I must add the series now to my ever growing TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried really hard not to put spoilers in these reviews because there's so much going on, but I'm glad you've added this series to your TBR! It's an amazing series :)

      Delete