21 March 2014

Be With Me by J Lynn

Be With Me by J Lynn
Series: Wait For You #2
Publisher: Harper
Publication Date: February 13th 2014
Source: Bought



Teresa Hamilton is having a rough year—she’s in love with her big brother’s best friend, but he hasn’t spoken to her since they shared a truly amazing, mind-blowing, change-your-life kiss. She got out of a terrible relationship. And now an injury is threatening to end her dance career for good. It’s time for Plan B – college. And maybe a chance to convince Jase that what they have together is real.

Jase Winstead has a huge secret that he’s not telling anyone. Especially not his best friend’s incredibly beautiful sister. Even though he and Teresa shared the hottest kiss of his life, he knows that his responsibilities must take priority. He certainly doesn’t have time for a relationship. But it doesn’t help that all he can think about kissing the one girl who could ruin everything for him.

As they’re thrown together more and more, Jase and Tess can’t keep denying their feelings for each other. But a familiar danger looms and tragedy strikes. As the campus recovers, the star-crossed couple must decide what they’re willing to risk to be together, and what they’re willing to lose if they’re not…

Jennifer L. Armentrout (a.k.a J Lynn) has very quickly became one of my favourite authors. I adore her Young Adult books, but really, it's her New Adult books that have captured my heart. She really knows how to write her swoon-worthy guys, and Be With Me is no exception to this.

Be With Me follows our characters Teresa Hamilton and Jase Winstead. Now, anyone who's familiar with Wait For You will know that Teresa is Cam's younger sister and Jase is one of his friends. I honestly can't even tell you guys how excited for this book I was. Not only was I going to find out more about Teresa, I was also still going to see Cam and Avery (I just love those two so much)!

Be With Me didn't live up to Wait For You for me, but I still really loved it. Teresa has torn her ACL so is being forced to take a break from dancing for a while and see how everything works out. She's been hung up on Jase ever since he kissed her, and she's going to do whatever she can to convince him they can be together. Jase has a lot of responsibilities in his life and he's also got a huge secret that he doesn't want to tell anyone. He's doesn't have time for a relationship, but he can't get a certain girl out of his head. Jase and Teresa are constantly thrown together and it's only a matter of time before they can't deny their feelings anymore.

I loved finally getting to hear from Teresa. After hearing everything she'd been through from Cam in Wait For You, I was definitely intrigued to see what Teresa thought. Honestly, I just wanted to give this girl a hug throughout most of this book. She was taken advantage of, her confidence was knocked, but she's such a tough character. She still has moments when she blames herself, but she manages to overcome that and realise that it wasn't her fault. I can't imagine how awful it would be to suffer an injury that stops you doing something you love, but I managed to get an insight into it from Teresa. She's such a strong character and manages to stay together even after all the horrific things she goes through in this book. I just loved her characters.

And then we have Jase. Well, Jase is definitely swoon-worthy, but he could be a real ass sometimes. I understood where Jase was coming from most of the time, but he didn't have to be such a jerk about it. Jase has got a lot going on in his personal life and he and his close family are keeping a massive secret, and Jase doesn't want anyone to find out. Jase is scared of what people will think when they found out his secret, so I did understand why he tried to stay away from Tess. Jase is a sweetheart, but he could be a real jerk sometimes.

I adored Jase and Tess together, but they were constantly on the rocks because of Jase. Most of the time I just wanted to give Jase a slap and knock some sense into him. Tess clearly loved him but Jase was so scared of her finding out his secret that he wasn't even willing to give her a chance for most of the book. He really needed some sense knocked into him. But I did really love Tess and Jase together. They definitely had chemistry.

I really loved the storyline of this one. I really enjoyed getting an insight into Teresa's life and getting to see her make some tough decisions. I also enjoyed seeing Jase battle with his secret and his past. And then out of no where came this massive shocking and emotional twist that gave the last 1/3 of the book a completely different feel. It became darker and more intense, and I really loved that. I was shocked and horrified, but I still really enjoyed it.

The ending was sweet and adorable (just like the end of any J Lynn book) and it had me smiling like an idiot. I honestly can't wait for Stay With Me now and the other 3 books in the series (another 3!). September better hurry up.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really glad to hear that even though you didn't love it as much, you still managed to really like it a lot!
    Seems like I need to give a chance to this books the next time I feel like reading some contemporary!
    Great review, Samantha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. September is so so far. Why must you taunt us like this JLA? Just hand over Cam and Avery's life story and I won't have to take any drastic measures to ensure I know ALL THE THINGS!

    You know, I kind of want at least a novella of Tess and Jase. I want to know he's treating her right. And I'm a creeper and need more insight into their relationship.

    ReplyDelete