6 March 2014

Cress by Marissa Meyer

Cress by Marissa Meyer
Series: The Lunar Chronicles #3
Publisher: Puffin
Publication Date: February 6th 2014
Source: Bought



Rapunzel’s tower is a satellite. She can’t let down her hair—or her guard.

In this third book in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker—unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can.

Cress has definitely been my favourite book in the Lunar Chronicles so far. I adored Cress; I loved that we got to see more of Thorne; Cinder was awesome as usual and we also got to meet Winter (which has just made me even more excited to read Winter when it comes out next year!). For me, I felt like Cress was more fast-paced than the previous two books and there was a lot more action because Cinder finally realised what she had to do. 

I adored finally getting to meet Cress. Cress has been stuck on a spaceship for years and is being used by Queen Levana to spy and try to track down Cinder. Cress is such an adorable character. She's so naive and sweet, but when it came to it, she could be pretty strong and tough. She's never been to Earth before so when she finally finds herself there she's entranced by everything and it was just so adorable. She had a massive crush on Thorne so it was really sweet and adorable seeing her with him.

I freaking LOVED Thorne in this one! Seriously, I'm pretty sure my love for him grows by the book so I'll probably love him even more in Winter. He's just so sarcastic, hilarious and charming. He always has me cracking up. He was really sweet to Cress and helped her a lot throughout the book and I loved seeing the two of them together.

Cinder was her usual badass self. Cinder can do no wrong in my eyes. I'll always really love her character. Scarlet wasn't in it very much but I do still like her character. I'm slightly worried about her since we have absolutely no idea what's going to happen to her. Wolf was mopey/angry because of what had happened to Scarlet and I wanted to punch him for that, but he eventually snapped out of it. Iko was hilarious as usual. I really, really love her. Kai was trying his best to do everything he could to save his people/the world but he was starting to have doubts about Queen Levana sticking to her word.

Everything about the storyline of Cress was amazing! I loved all the action; discovering new characters; unravelling some twists and finally seeing Cinder realise what she must do. I honestly can't fault anything about this book. The characters, the plot, the action - everything was amazing!

Overall, Cress was a fantastic follow up to Scarlet and, in my opinion, the best book in the Lunar Chronicles so far. If any of you guys haven't started this series yet then I highly suggest going out and grabbing yourself a copy of Cinder. It's such an amazing series and you won't regret it.

6 comments:

  1. I found it a bit slow and plain at the start, so I gave it a 4, but it was a good read! I loved how the twists just popped up without any build-up! :D I am soooo excited for Winter. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually really liked the beginning! I loved that too! There were a lot of unexpected twists.
      Me too :D

      Delete
  2. I really like how Cinder is growing more and more into her role :D She was kick-ass in the first book, but she is definitely developing into an even stronger character. I'm worried for Scarlet too - and she happens to be my favorite character together with Thorne. I love how the plot and world-building were even better than in the previous books and I'm so excited for Winter *bounces*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do as well! She's finally realising what she has to do and it's making me like her even more. She's one of my favourites too. I really hope nothing bad happens to her.
      I'm excited too! :D

      Delete
  3. Winter is just to damn far away! *gimmie, gimmie, gimmie*
    Throne <3

    ReplyDelete