28 January 2013

REVIEW: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E Smith

*REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
by Jennifer E Smith

Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. Having missed her flight, she's stuck at JFK airport and late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon-to-be stepmother Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's sitting in her row.

A long night on the plane passes in the blink of an eye, and Hadley and Oliver lose track of each other in the airport chaos upon arrival. Can fate intervene to bring them together once more?

Quirks of timing play out in this romantic and cinematic novel about family connections, second chances, and first loves. Set over a twenty-four-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.
 



I absolutely love cutsey romance books so this was just the perfect book for me.
So the story focuses on two teenagers: Holly and Oliver. They meet in an airport after Holly was 4 minutes late for her flight. She is put onto the same flight as Oliver is on and they just being to talk and bond.
You could tell from the very start that they were perfect for each other. I was so invested in their relationship! Usually I don't like insta-love in books, but this was just so cute and sweet that I just didn't care!
Smith's writing style had me in love with this story and the characters the minute I started reading it.
I loved that at the start of each chapter, there was the time in GMT & EST, so you knew how far away Hadley was from her dad's wedding in London.
I loved their conversations on the plane, and Oliver distracting Hadley (who has claustrophobia) was just so sweet and he's just adorable. And that kiss when they get off the plane!
There was another part of the story line that was extremely important, which is the relationship between Hadley and her father. They've been rocky since her mum and dad broke up and her dad got with someone else. Hadley isn't looking forward to her fathers wedding. But when she gets there, she realises how silly she's being and begins to re-build their relationship. And she also realises that she likes her dad's new wife, even though she was determined to hate her.
When we found out about Oliver's dad, my heart just broke. I wanted to be Hadley and I wanted to run off and find him (which is exactly what she did). I just wanted to give him a massive hug. And then her and Olly had a fight and I was really upset!
But then Olly turns up at the reception for Hadley's dad and his new wife and everything's amazing again!
And they lived happily ever after :) (I couldn't resist).


Seriously, this is definitely my kind of book. It was so short and sweet and I just fell in love with this book, which is why I gave it:
If you love cutsey romance books, this is definitely a book you should check out!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you loved this one! I agree that the romance was adorable, and I also really liked the storyline that described Hadley's relationship with her father. Lovely review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just so cute! I loved how Hadley's relationship with her father was described and I was so happy that they made up at the end.
      Thank you! :)

      Delete