31 August 2014

Showcase Sunday #80

Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea. This meme allows book bloggers to show off the books they collected over the last week.

Hello everyone! Apologies for not doing a Showcase Sunday last week. I was heading off to Edinburgh again and never had time to get it done before I left. So I have two weeks worth of books to show you guys today. I haven't actually bought that many books - I'm trying to not spend as much on books so I can actually start saving money now. 

But I did get an early release book from one of the Edinburgh signings I went to and one of my physical pre-orders finally showed up (about a week after I got the kindle version because I was impatient). I also bought a few kindle books and got quite a few review books from Edelweiss and Netgalley. I also got a lovely package from My Kinda Book!

Bought
• Physical
Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) by Sarah J Maas
I HAVE HEIR OF FIREEEEE!! I honestly went slightly crazy in the children's bookstore at the Edinburgh Book Festival when I saw this and quickly grabbed myself a copy because there were hardly any copies left - and I got it signed!
Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss #3) by Stephanie Perkins

kindle
Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss #3) by Stephanie Perkins
Struck (Struck #1) by Joss Stirling
One Tiny Lie (Ten Tiny Breaths #2) by K. A. Tucker

Netgalley
Unspeakable by Abbie Rushton
Love and Other Unknown Variables by Shannon Lee Alexander
The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1) by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare

Edelweiss
The Orphan Queen (The Orphan Queen #1) by Jodi Meadows
Solitaire by Alice Oseman
The Memory Key by Liana Liu
Better Than Perfect by Melissa Kantor
How to Win at High School by Owen Matthews
Lies I Told by Michelle Zink

Review
Trial by Fire (Worldwalker #1) by Josephine Angelini
MASSIVE thank you to MyKindaBook for sending me a copy of Trial by Fire and my very own willstone necklace!

I also picked up this Grisha bookmark and badge at the Leigh Bardugo & Maureen Johnson signing, and I came across a jewellery stall in Sloans Market in Glasgow that does book related necklaces so I picked up an angelic rune one for The Mortal Instruments! Expect more book related necklace to follow now!

What books did you get this week?





4 comments:

  1. A SIGNED copy from Heir of fire, that is so cool! I can't wait to read it. I see you went on a download spree on Edelweiss, haha. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul. Signed copies are always awesome. I love the Throne of Glass series from Sarah J. Mass. Enjoy your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've grabbed most of the same books you've got this month. I love the UK cover of Trial By Fire--triumphs over the US cover by miles, imo. I hope you enjoy/enjoyed HoF. It got released early in Aus and I went searching high and low to find it (but I don't expect to find time to read it, at least for a couple of months :O) Hope you have a great week ahead of you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to read the Throne of Glass series. I've heard so many good things about it! I've just started Anna and the French Kiss, and so far I'm liking it, so I will probably pick up Lola and Isla too. Deffo need to read Solitaire...and Trial by Fire looks quite interesting too, I've seen it around a few blogs. Enjoy your new books :)

    ablondelibrarian.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete