8 August 2014

Storm by Brigid Kemmerer

Storm by Brigid Kemmerer
Series: Elemental #1
Publisher: Much-in-Little
Publication Date: April 17th 2014
Source: Netgalley [Much-in-Little]




Secrets are hard to keep when your life's at stake.

Becca Chandler is suddenly getting all the guys; all the ones she doesn't want. When she saves Chris Merrick from a beating in the school parking lot, everything is about to change. Chris is different from the guys at school... really different. He can control water just like his brothers can control fire, wind, and earth. The brothers are powerful and dangerous. And now that Becca knows the truth, so is she.

When the mysterious new kid, Hunter, turns up, Becca thinks she can trust him. But when he goes head-to-head with Chris, Becca's left wondering who's hiding the most dangerous truth of all.

For so long I’ve been wanting to start the Elemental series, so when I saw the first book was available on Netgalley, I requested it and crossed my fingers, arms, legs, etc… You get the gist. And when I got approved I made sure to get to it ASAP.

The Elemental series follows the Merrick brothers: Michael, Gabriel, Nick & Chris. Each of the brothers has a different elemental power that allows them control over their specific element. Storm follows Chris whose element is water. Becca Chandler comes to Chris’s rescue when she comes across two guys from school beating him up. Becca knows there’s something different about Chris and she doesn’t realise that her fate is now twisted with his and she’s in just as much danger as Chris.

Becca was a feisty and intelligent character. When we first meet her, she causes a diversion to save Chris and she acts like a complete badass. She also realises very quickly there’s something really different about Chris and his brothers and she takes it pretty well when she finds out.

Chris was adorable. He’s not my favourite of the Merrick brothers (Nick totally stole my heart), but I still love him. He’s very protective of Becca and doesn’t back down even when she tries to push him away (because she was being completely unreasonable). He truly cares for her and he’s such a sweetheart, but also a badass.

Becca’s father has been absent her whole life so when he suddenly turns back up, Becca knows he’s hiding something. Also, the new guy at school – Hunter – has taken interest in Becca, but Becca knows he’s also hiding something.

There was a lot of action in this book and a lot of twists and surprises to unravel that kept me hooked. I also really loved finding out about the Merrick brothers and finding out which element they all controlled.

Overall, Storm was a fantastic start to the Elemental series and I can’t wait to continue on with the series.

3 comments:

  1. I really want to start this series as well, I have heard great things about, but I still haven't gotten around to buying it. I am glad to hear you enjoyed it and I like the sound of lots of action and twists and suprises!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read storm just a few weeks ago! Such a good book. I just grabbed Spark, the second book from the library. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely ADORE this series!!! And since you liked this first one, I'm pretty darn sure you're doing to love the others. Nick is my favorite as well, and his book is just... ugh. Wow. It's perfect. So wonderful to see a new fan of the series and I can't wait to hear how you like the others!!! :D

    ReplyDelete