31 May 2014

May Wrap Up/June TBR

May Wrap Up
Hello everyone! I hope you all had a great month! I certainly did, and it was also an extremely busy month for me which meant I only managed to read 9 books and 1 novella.  I'm slightly disappointed with that since I read double that last month, but with everything I've had going on in May and the reading slump I've been in for about 2 weeks, I'm glad I actually managed to get some books read in May. Also, I apologise for being really absent on the blog over the past month but I've just not been feeling it. I'm planning to take it slow over June and hopefully my motivation to blog will come back.
I had two stand out favourites this month and they were obviously The One by Kiera Cass and City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare. Both were fantastic endings to two of my favourite series and I just loved them both so much.

June TBR
So, since I'm in a pretty big reading slump right now I'm not going to give myself a set TBR. I've got 8 books that I definitely need to read this month: 
- 4 buddy reads with Brittany
- 4 books for MHAM
I'm hoping I'll be able to read more than this though because I've got a few review books for this month that I really want to read and a few books on my TBR shelves that I've been wanting to read, but we'll see.

What was your favourite book of May and what are you most excited to read this month?

9 comments:

  1. The unbecoming was an interesting book. The shock of fall has a cute cover :D I LOVE pretty girl-13. Impressive story :) Happy reading in June!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved it which is why I've decided to re-read it this month :) Yay! I'm so glad to hear you loved Pretty Girl-13! I'm super excited for it!
      Thanks Mel :)

      Delete
  2. You have some great books to read in June so hopefully you'll enjoy them, I LOVED Pretty Girl 13, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, Sweet Evil and Fire With Fire and I also have The Program to read so hopefully we'll both enjoy that.

    I can't wit for my copies of The One and Hexed to arrive! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad to hear you loved Sweet Evil and Fire with Fire! I love the Mara Dyer books so I've decided to re-read them before the last one comes out :)
      Yay! Hopefully we will :)
      I hope your copies arrive soon! Both were amazing!

      Delete
  3. There really is nothing worse than a reading slump. I enjoy reading a lot as do all of us and to literally not be able to read a book for a period of time is shite to put it nicely! :)

    You have some amazing books coming up this month though. I have The Shock of the Fall & The Programme on my TBR. I look forward to your thoughts on them! :)

    Here is to a better reading month! :) Maybe it is high time we both double our books read next month! :) xx


    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's horrible! I want to read, but I'm just not feeling it. Yay! Hopefully we enjoy them both :)
      Haha, hopefully!

      Delete
  4. Still a great reading month!! And I like that you aren't trying to force blogging - it's very stressful to do that and a lot of people don't realize what taking a step back does for your blog! It's just better for YOU! :) I still need to read The One - I ended up finishing Across the Universe and Shatter Me (finally) last month. I may end up reading it this month.

    Love your picks for June - The Program is on my June TBR too :) Good luck this month with your goals and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is. I've actually been kind of feeling like this since about March, and at first I was forcing myself to blog but then I was starting to get annoyed with it, so I'm just taking it easy just now and I'll get back into it fully eventually :)
      The One is amazing! Ooh! I loved both of them! I hope you enjoyed them.
      Yay! The Program seems to be on a lot of TBRs in June! Thanks Sarah :)

      Delete
  5. Nine books is still great though! And I think you really liked almost or even all of them?
    I couldn't believe how busy May was until it was over and I was like where did you go, May? Some how I managed to read all the books though. Yay for ignoring life for books. LOL!
    I'm sure you caught up on all your shows though? That's like a second job for you. Lol.
    I'm excited for our buddy reads. I think they should be ones that keep use reading. *fingers crossed*
    Question; I remember pretty much nothing of CoLS. Actually pretty much all of TMI. Will I be able to get into CoHF no problem? Or should I be doing some major research? Or just plan to do a re-read? Lol.
    Here's to a better June! Happy reading, Sam! :D

    ReplyDelete