24 April 2014

Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover

Maybe Someday by Colleen Hovoer
Series: No
Publisher: Simon & Schuster UK
Publication Date: March 18th 2014
Source: Bought



At twenty-two years old, aspiring musician Sydney Blake has a great life: She’s in college, working a steady job, in love with her wonderful boyfriend, Hunter, and rooming with her good friend, Tori. But everything changes when she discovers Hunter cheating on her with Tori—and she is left trying to decide what to do next.

Sydney becomes captivated by her mysterious neighbor, Ridge Lawson. She can’t take her eyes off him or stop listening to the daily guitar playing he does out on his balcony. She can feel the harmony and vibrations in his music. And there’s something about Sydney that Ridge can’t ignore, either: He seems to have finally found his muse. When their inevitable encounter happens, they soon find themselves needing each other in more ways than one…

Maybe, Someday was a book I knew I was going to love before I'd even started reading it. The synopsis sounded fantastic, and it's a Colleen Hoover book - so it was a given that it was going to be amazing. But I didn't expect it to be as amazing as it was, and it's definitely became my favourite of Colleen's books so far.

Twenty-two year old Sydney Blake has a great life. She's at college, she has a wonderful boyfriend and she shares and apartment with her friend Tori. She's also started becoming friends with her mysterious neighbour Ridge. But everything in Sydney's life changes when she finds out that Hunter is cheating on her with Tori. Ridge offers to let Sydney take the spare room in his apartment, and as the days go on, their attraction grows. 

God. This book was just... perfection. Honestly, I'm finding it really hard to write how I felt about this book because I loved it so much. It's hard to put it in words. Maybe, Someday is quite possibly the most emotional book I've ever read. I seriously cried from about half way through this book right until the very end.

I adored Sydney. Her world has basically just fallen apart, but she manages to stay strong. Sydney fits in perfectly with Warren & Ridge, and she joins in with the pranks they pull on each other. Sydney is such a likeable character. She's strong and she was such an easy character to connect to. I just adored her.

Oh, Ridge. I honestly fell for Ridge straight away. He's such a sweet and adorable guy. And then when Sydney moves into Ridge's apartment and we find out more about him, I fell even harder for him. Ridge always tries to do the right thing, and his heart is always in the right place. He looks out for everyone and he's such a fantastic character.

I can honestly say that I never had any inklings about the twist Hoover threw at me only a couple of chapters in, but it was such an amazing addition to the story and I honestly don't think I would have enjoyed it as much without that twist. It just added a whole other level to the story. Hoover hooked me in straight away and I completely lost myself in this story. I adored finding out about more about Ridge and his roommate Warren (who was hilarious and such an amazing character), I loved finding out more about Sydney and I loved the music. Music is a massive part of this book - I mean Griffin Peterson even recorded the songs Hoover had in the book (which I didn't find out about until I'd finished). Ridge writes music for the band that his brother is in, he loses his muse, notices that Sydney has been signing along to his guitar, convinces her to write lyrics for him, and their bond started there. 

Ridge and Sydney's relationship was complicated. Ridge had a long-term girlfriend called Maggie - who wasn't present at the start of the book because she was at university, but Ridge and Sydney had a connection from the very first moment they interacted and it was torture watching them together. I was rooting for Ridge and Syd so hard, but I didn't want Maggie's heart to be broken because I actually really loved her too. It was a complicated, messy and heartbreaking relationship, but I loved every second of it.

The ending left me sobbing and I was so damn happy. Yeah it was kind of sad, but my happiness completely eclipsed the sad part of me because it was such a perfect and amazing ending.

Overall, Maybe Someday has been my favourite Colleen Hoover book to date, and I think it's going to be a hard one to beat. With that fantastic twist, a couple with powerful chemistry and the music, Colleen Hoover did a fantastic job and I adored everything about this book.

5 comments:

  1. YAY YAY YAY! I'm so glad you loved it as well! Maybe Someday was super super fantastic for me and I will never get over how much I loved it. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you loved it too!
      I don't think I will either. I'm dying to do a re-read of it!

      Delete
  2. I have heard amazing things about Colleen Hoover's books! I am glad you liked this one so much as it has been getting some rave reviews lately.

    You know a book it good when you do not even know how to start the review! :)

    Thanks for sharing and maybe someday I will pick this up ;D


    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her books always blow me away. I've cried at every single one of her books so far. She's just such an amazing author. I hope you do! It's a fantastic story :)

      Delete