16 April 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #75

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event,  hosted by breaking the spine, that spotlights upcoming
releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


Lies My Girlfriend Told Me by Julie Anne Peters
Series: No
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: June 10th 2014


When Alix's charismatic girlfriend, Swanee, dies from sudden cardiac arrest, Alix is overcome with despair. As she searches Swanee's room for mementos of their relationship, she finds Swanee's cell phone, pinging with dozens of texts sent from a mysterious contact, L.T. The most recent text reads: "Please tell me what I did. Please, Swan. Te amo. I love you."

Shocked and betrayed, Alix learns that Swanee has been leading a double life--secretly dating a girl named Liana the entire time she's been with Alix. Alix texts Liana from Swanee's phone, pretending to be Swanee in order to gather information before finally meeting face-to-face to break the news.

Brought together by Swanee's lies, Alix and Liana become closer than they'd thought possible. But Alix is still hiding the truth from Liana. Alix knows what it feels like to be lied to--but will coming clean to Liana mean losing her, too?

As soon as I came across this book I knew I had to read it. I'm intrigued to find out why Swanee was leading a double life and what made her ignore Liana. I'm also intrigued to find out if Alix will tell Liana and what the consequences of lying to her will be. I can't wait for this one to come out!


What are you waiting on this week?

4 comments:

  1. This sounds awesome! Definitely nabbing a copy of this when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a very different kind of contemporary, and I might just have to check it out!
    Great pick, Samantha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah this sounds like such a good read! Definitely adding it to my wishlist. For some reason the cover really appeals to me as well.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Julie's writing so this is definitely on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete