19 July 2013

Opal by Jennifer L Armentrout

Opal by Jennifer L Armentrout
Series: Lux #3 
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Publication Date: December 11th 2012
Source: Bought




No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.

Contain spoilers for previous books

OK, so Opal picks up where Onyx left off...
AND DAWSON IS BACK! I'm so happy! I love Dawson and I'm so glad that Daemon and Dee got their brother back.

So back to the storyline. Dawson made his way back to his siblings and now he's determined to do whatever he can to rescue Beth. Dawson is a completely different person now from what we saw in Shadows because of everything he was put through when he was imprisoned. Katy and Daemon are together now (WOO!), but Katy is convinced she's caught sight of Blake, and if she has he'd better be watching his back.

Katy and Daemon are my most favourite couple ever now. They're both just so badass and brilliant (especially Katy). She's so observant but slightly naive at times. Daemon tries his best to protect Katy (and acts like a complete ass) and it causes trouble for their relationship. Katy is her usual fantastic self in this one and Daemon is his usual funny, smart-ass self. They're just so amazing!

I loved seeing Dawson re-discovering himself in this one. At first, he's really reserved and quiet. Very closed off and not wanting to talk. But he gradually starts to come out of his shell. Katy really helped him a lot. She started getting him to do stuff he used to do with his siblings and she gives him hope when she tells him they'll do whatever they can to get Beth. He starts to become more like the old Dawson and I really enjoyed seeing him happy again.


If Blake makes an appearance in Origin I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that Daemon kills him. He deserves it. My hate for him escalated so much in this book.
He managed to reel me in at the start and I believed him as much as Katy did. I just wish I'd trusted Daemon and that Katy had too. 

Ash and Andrew weren't as bitchy and horrible as they've been in the previous books but that was due to something that happened in Onyx that was heartbreaking. Spoiler - Adam was killed.
So it was nice to see a good side of them, but it wasn't because of the circumstances.
Andrew and Dee became very close in this one because they were both helping each other heal. 

So much happened in this book, with the reappearance of Dawson; plans to rescue Beth; Blake showing his face; students disappearing and lots of other stuff.

AND THEN THE ENDING </3 Oh holy mother of God, the ending. OK, so first of all I was all like "Yay! Everythings fine!" and then I was slightly confused, not understanding the characters reactions. And then it hit me. And I went into shock which soon changed into this:



WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?! I just about died when I read it! My heart was ripped out and torn into teeny tiny little pieces and I just sat there staring at my kindle. And I thought Onyx was an emotional rollercoaster. It was nothing compared to the emotions I went through at the end of Opal. I'm still not over that ending. It was such a soul destroying cliffhanger.

Yet again, this was just a fantastic sequel and I NEED ORIGIN NOW. I have to know what happens and find out if everything will be OK. IT HAS TO BE OK. I'll die if it isn't. Hurry up August 27th!

No comments:

Post a Comment