3 July 2013

Summer Lovin' Read-a-thon: Day 3

Day 3: "Look At Me, I'm Sandra Dee"
Introduce us to your favorite fictional female – What does she look like? Is there an actress that you think of when you think of the character? Is she tough or timid? You could do a mock interview with your character, or create a bio/resume for her.

This was actually a pretty easy question for me. It didn't seem like it was going to be when I first looked at it, but the second I went to type I knew exactly who my favourite fiction females were.
                                                    
Tessa Gray
If you don't know who Tessa Gray is, she's the main female character of Cassandra Clares' Infernal Devices Trilogy
Why is she my favourite fictional female?
Well first of all, Tessa is a bookworm. That was one of the first things that drew me to her. She's so smart and intelligent, and she loves nothing more than losing herself in a great book. She's always reading and quoting her favourite novels. I always looked forward to those parts of the book.
Second of all, she's a badass. Seriously. I'm not going to mention what she is, because that will just ruin it for anyone who hasn't read the trilogy. That's not the only thing that makes her a badass though. She's feisty and tough. She's willing to fight and risk her life for the people she loves.
She's just amazing, and that's why I love her.


Hermione Granger
Hermione is another intelligent and badass female character. I've admired her for as long as I can remember. When I was young, I always used to pretend I was Hermione. I wanted to be a witch and be as smart as she was. She was just such an inspiration to me, and she still is.
I mean she's incredibly intelligent, she's a witch, she can stand up for herself and she's just amazing. 
I can't remember a time when I haven't loved and admired her.

Emma Watson did a brilliant job at portraying Hermione. I honestly couldn't think of anyone else fitting into this role. She was just so perfect.






Day 3 - Progress

Currently reading: The Maze Runner by James Dashner
No. of books read today: 1
Total number of books read: 5
Books read: The Summer I Became A Nerd
No. of pages read: The Summer I Became A Nerd - 267 pages, The Maze Runner - 22 pages: 289 pages

Today hasn't been a very good reading day for me because I was off seeing Bon Jovi with my boyfriend! Besides, I've read a lot of books in the past 2 days so I decided I could use a break from reading for a day :)

14 comments:

  1. One of my favourites was also Hermione :) My post can be viewed here: http://www.bookbunnys.com/2013/07/02/summer-lovin-read-a-thon-participation-posts/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tessa is great! I need to start Clockwork Princess soon. You had two good choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is! Clockwork Princess is fantastic. It was such a brilliant end to the series.
      Thanks :)

      Delete
  3. Hermione and Tessa are two of my favourites too! I do love a bookworm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hermione is on my list too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, I can't believe I forgot about Hermione! She's definitely one of my favorites, too.

    ~ Nikki @ There were books involved...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! Great pick! She IS amazing xD
    Jackie

    http://www.nobentspines.blogspot.com/2013/07/summer-lovin-read-thon-day-3-look-at-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hermione! who doesn't love this wonderful, intelligent girl that can kick some ass!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect Hermione is perfect. <3 I love her! She's smart and kicks serious ass! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I forgot all about Hermione too. *facepalms*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I picked Hermione, but Tessa is a great choice as well!

    Here's mine: http://suchanovelidea.com/2013/07/03/summer-lovin-read-a-thon-day-3/

    Jess @ Such A Novel Idea

    ReplyDelete